Talk given by Dr Julia Long at the ‘What is Gender?’ event, held at a secret location near Speakers’ Corner, Hyde Park, London. My talk was cut short, so I didn’t get on to the section about the legislation and proposed review of the 2004 GRA. The event was besieged by transgender activists, who tried to shut it down with threats of disruption and violence, culminating in physical violence against an attendee. Their attempts to silence women were not successful. NB What I was referring to as the ‘Gender Recognition Bill’ is in fact the review of the Gender Recognition Act 2004, scheduled for Autumn 2017.
- TMI: Genderqueer 11-year-olds can’t handle too much info about sterilizing treatments–but do get on with those treatments
- Dutch puberty-blocker pioneer: Stop “blindly adopting our research”
- A birthday campaign for JK Rowling: Balanced media coverage of gender identity issues
- Celeb trans kids: Will the Gender Fairy bring dreams—or genital surgery nightmares?
- Benji/gnc_centric: On being kicked off Twitter and Medium